Nicholas J. Ingrassia is an attorney and shareholder of Gross Shuman P.C. He concentrates his law practice in the areas of Real Estate & Development, Banking & Finance, and Business & Corporate Law. Mr. Ingrassia also has extensive experience assisting clients with Estate Planning & Administration, and Canada-U. S. Cross Border legal issues. He is admitted to practice in New York State and as a Foreign Legal Consultant in Ontario, Canada.
Real Estate & Development Mr. Ingrassia works closely with clients to guide them through complex commercial real estate purchases and sales as well as development matters. His experience includes:
- Preparing and negotiating Purchase and Sale Agreements on behalf of buyers and sellers
- Preparing and negotiating Lease Agreements on behalf of landlords and commercial tenants, including restaurants, offices, retail businesses, and industrial businesses.
- Conducting title examinations on behalf of purchasers and mortgagors
- Preparing entity governance documents for investor groups, including property Management Agreements and Tenant-in-Common Agreements.
- Completing Federal and State “Blue Sky” filings in connection with exempt offers of securities, including SEC Form D, New York State Form 99, and ancillary filing
- Assisting religious corporations with the disposition of real estate and other assets, including petitioning the attorney general and obtaining court approval
- Assisting clients with the acquisition of commercial, multifamily, and industrial properties, such as apartment complexes, office buildings, warehouses, retail businesses, and restaurants/bars
- Negotiating financing documents on behalf of commercial borrowers
- Assisting landlords and tenants with commercial evictions
- Preparing mortgages and promissory notes for private financing transactions
- Preparing and negotiating legal opinions
Business and Corporate Law Working in collaboration with our experienced group of attorneys, Mr. Ingrassia assists clients in a wide variety of business matters. His experience includes:
- Formation of New York and Delaware corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships
- Negotiating and preparing operating/"buy-sell" agreements and shareholder agreements
- Preparing corporate governance documents and annual minutes
- Assisting business with succession planning
- Representing buyers and sellers with respect to asset purchases and stock purchases including preparation and negotiation of agreements
- Negotiating and preparing stock redemption agreements; membership interest purchase agreements; employment and independent contractor agreements; non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements
- Assisting with corporate restructuring, conversion of entities, and recapitalization
- Preparing corporate guarantees, security agreements and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings, amendments, and terminations
- Obtaining New York State liquor licenses and completing corporate change applications for licensees
Banking & Finance As a member of one of our largest practice groups, Mr. Ingrassia:
- Represents New York based commercial lenders for commercial real estate financing including mortgages and line of credit closings statewide
- Represents out of state lenders for New York loans statewide
- Represents commercial borrowers in connection with commercial real estate and business-secured loans
- Prepares and negotiates the terms of loan documents for various borrowers and lenders, including representing a national life insurance company’s New York loans
Estate Planning & Administration Mr. Ingrassia has extensive experience assisting clients with all manner of Estate matters including:
- Working with families, individuals, and businesses in the creation of estate plans
- Preparing wills, health care proxies, and powers of attorney
- Creating trusts
- Working with Executors and Administrators on Surrogate’s Court filings and administration
- Handling probate matters
- Assisting accountants, financial advisors, and insurance professionals to coordinate client estate plans.
- Preparing life estate deeds for family estate planning
Canada-U. S. Cross Border Mr. Ingrassia has extensive experience:
- Assisting cross-border clients with the formation of United States affiliates
- Working with Canadian businesses and individuals to complete the acquisition of United States businesses and real estate.
- Overseeing the registration of United States Federal trademarks and service marks, as well as New York specific marks
Mr. Ingrassia is active in the Western New York community. His volunteer work includes assisting the Kenmore Special Olympics, volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County, as well as the SUNY Buffalo Law School. He is also a member of the BISON Children's Scholarship Fund President's Council and a committee member of the Future of Roswell Park Society.
Nick was very quick to respond to my message and questions. He provided a great deal of information about my pending business matters.
I look forward to working with him on various items going forward.