We sit down with our clients, listen to them, and come to understand their goals on a wide range of business matters. In turn, our clients, including for-profit business enterprises, non-profit entities, and religious corporations, trust us to advance their interests as if they were our own.
Client services include:
- Entity selection, formation and organization. With businesses small and large, we bring together clients, their principals, and their accountants, and help create smart structures that consider both short- and long-term tax implications.
- Transactions/Mergers and acquisitions. Considering legal, business and tax implications, we work to structure these matters advantageously.
- Venture capital. When structuring re-capitalizations and other equity arrangements, we not only assure compliance with applicable law, as well as SEC and state regulatory compliance, but also provide our clients a steady hand, assisting them in raising capital for their businesses, or investing in another enterprise.
- Closely held business. Both family and closely held businesses trust our partnership in managing their unique challenges. We assist in the planning and transition of ownership to a later generation, or to dedicated employees.
- Agreements. In addition to preparing and drafting stock awards, stock options and phantom stock arrangements for key employees, we assist clients with the negotiation and drafting of a wide range of agreements including:
- Capital business
- Joint venture
- Licenses, sales and manufacturer representative
- Confidentiality and non-competition
- Business divorce, shareholder disputes, and dissolutions. Clients rely on Gross Shuman to compassionately assist with matters involving legally complex and, by nature, frequently emotional business disputes.
- Corporate securities. Our business attorneys represent clients of every size in all aspects of securities offering transactions including public offerings, private placements and other more specialized investments. We also assist a wide variety of clients in fulfilling their securities reporting and compliance obligations; whether you are a publicly traded issuer or an individual accredited investor, we can help you navigate the often complex world of federal and state securities regulation.
- Government contracts. The award process for government procurement contracts can often feel like a series of hurdles. Our team at Gross Shuman has the experience to effectively guide you to the finish line. Whether assisting in the review and negotiation of a state or federal contract, applying for Minority and Women owned Business Status or successfully advising through a government Bid Protest, we have the experience to see you through.
- Not-for-profits. Gross Shuman has been focused on our community for over 50 years. In addition to the important personal time our attorneys’ spend volunteering with not-for-profits throughout Western New York, the firm has also had the pleasure of providing legal guidance and representation to charities, public foundations and other not-for-profits in all stages of their development. From initial set-up and application for tax exemption to fundraising and ongoing compliance issues, we continue to assist not-for-profits of all sizes in strengthening our collective communities.
PRACTICE CONTACTS: David H. Alexander | David H. Elibol
Robert J. Feldman | Jeffrey A. Human | Nicholas J. Ingrassia
John F. Leone | Jonathan D. Schechter | Trevor M. Torcello