Our clients—leaders in a wide range of businesses—look to us for legal help with employment matters. We closely follow developments and trends in employment and compensation law to offer them and help keep their businesses on course.
We help employers effectively manage their employment-related concerns, including:
- Discrimination. Defend employers against claims of unlawful discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
- Policies and procedures. Draft human resource policies, procedures and handbooks, which protect an employer’s interests.
- Restrictive covenants. Protect the proprietary information, relationships and goodwill our clients have developed by drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants, confidentiality agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Unfair competition. Defend and prosecute claims of unfair competition; represent clients who desire to hire individuals with existing restrictive covenants.
- Wage and hour. Advise employers on issues such as overtime, exempt and non-exempt status, record-keeping, and other matters regulated by state and federal laws.
- Employee benefits. Review, draft and counsel on employee benefit plans, such as pensions, 401(k) plans, deferred compensation, phantom stock agreements. Assist clients in connection with applicable federal and state filing requirements.
PRACTICE CONTACTS: Hugh C. Carlin | B. Kevin Burke Jr.